Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ardyn, 365

The year Quin grew from a little 1 year old to a big ol' potty-trained, big-girl-bed-sleeping 2 year old, I embarked on a little project. Following the template of the ever amazing Drew B of Mom*Tog, I started a 365 project. My goal: to take a photo a day, using any camera I had handy, of my girl going about her daily activities. The end result was incredible, and a total tear-jerker  (I posted a pic below). I could not believe how much my munchkin had grown in one year. It was also amazing to look back and re-live so many day-to-day memories that otherwise may have been forgotten. I was so happy with the outcome (thanks, Drew!) that I then and there swore that on Jan 1 of my second babe's year, I would do the whole thing again.

First of all, I can't believe it has almost been a year since my Ary Bear was born, but it is also surreal to think that she is about the same age as Quin was when I started her 365. I just know Jan 1, 2016 is going to be here in the blink of an eye and I can only pray that time slows down and take comfort in the fact that at the end of this brand new year, I'll have a peek into every single day of her little life.


Annnd I digress. The point of this post was to say that this 365 fueled me to pick up my camera again. It motivated me to go beyond my iphone (the only "camera" I've been using these days) and to start retraining my creative eye. ...It was getting cataracts. ;)

So cheers to a fresh start, to a fresh year- a full 365 days of pictures! That sounds pretty daunting, huh? Here's hoping I can follow through a second time! Happy 2015, friends. I hope this year is YOUR best year yet!













Quinlin's 365:
A photo posted by Jordan (@jjm7) on


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© JJM Photography