Friday, April 19, 2013

"Jordan"

I had this picture in my room as a child that I absolutely loved. 
It was of a blond little girl playing in a field of yellow and white wildflowers.
It was a picture of a painting- the edges still ragged from where my mom had ripped it out of a magazine. (Reader's Digest, maybe?) 

She gave it to me because the title of the picture, in tiny quotations at the bottom, was "Jordan". 

I loved it so much that I put it in a frame (torn edges and all) and kept it on my dresser.

I used to stare at it every day, wishing that I was as beautiful as the little blond girl
 and wondering why some famous artist would choose my name of all the names in the world.
(I hated my "boy name" growing up)

I have no idea who the artist is and I had completely forgotten about that picture until I started culling these images from a recent session with my little one.

These pictures are literally my "Jordan" painting come to life- beautiful blond girl and all. I have searched endlessly for this painting on the internet but can't seem to find it anywhere. If I ever do stumble upon it, I will share it with you. 

But for now, I am just sitting back and basking in this "full-circle" moment. :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© JJM Photography